July 29, 2012

Nothin' But Fruit


Honestly these are nothing but fruit frozen and boy were they refreshing a sweet. The idea for these comes from nourishing meals.com Ali used blended watermelon in hers and recommended using a honey dew melon if you have one. I did, so that is what I used. 


To make them simply slice fruit and stick it into the popsicle molds. I sliced up 1 and a 1/2 kiwis, 2 strawberries, and add a handful of blueberries. That seems to fill much of the space in the molds nicely. Then I cut up my honeydew melon which was very sweet and blended it until it was liquidy. Then I  just poured that in and around all the sliced fruit in the mold. Freeze the mold for a few hours and presto, a cool summer treat you can offer to your family and feel great about it!


Yum! Can I have another one? 
YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment