September 20, 2010

Misery Ridge

(Picture by JB)
Misery Ridge trail at Smith Rocks is aptly named for though we made it to the top and down the other side, getting up the last bit of trail nearly killed me. My brother taught me to do the rest step and my friend Michelle taught how to breath through my nose and not my mouth to keep from panting. Otherwise I would have wilted under the hot sun and the steep climb.

(picture by JB)
The Rocks were beautiful in the afternoon sun.
(picture by JB)
(picture by Michelle)
We started our hike aorund 3PM and hiked the river trail around the left side of the rocks.

(picture by my mom)
(picture by JB)
(picture by my mom)
(Picture by JB)
When we stopped for a snack it became clear the small boys just would not want to hike further. So My mom took them back to the park area and my brother and Elliot (his son) and Michelle and my husband and I went on around towards Monkey Face.
(picture by JB)
(picture by JB)
(picture by Michelle)
The view was amazing. It was such a clear day we could see seven peaks.
(picture by JB)
(picture by JB)
My mom and the boys were waiting for us when we got back!

No comments:

Post a Comment